Products of the domain : Château Haut Batailley

The presence of a vineyard is certified at the end of the eighteenth century. Daniel Guestier, founder of the great trading house "Barton and Guestier" acquired the domain in 1816. He devotes significant resources, extends the vineyard, winery and renovating the castle and improving the quality of the wine, allowing it to be ranked 5th Grand Cru in 1855.


The Francis and Marcel Borie brothers bought Batailley in 1932 and divided it into two parts: the smaller becomes Haut-Batailley  and was for Francis Borie, the other, including the castle, kept the name Batailley and passed to Marcel Borie. Francis Borie enlarges Haut Batailley  when he acquired Duhart-Milon in 1951. A total renovation of facilities, with the reconstruction of the winery and cellars, was completed in 2009 and should allow a further increase of Haut-Batailley.


Located at the southwest end of the name, a few miles from Pauillac the vineyard extends on 22 ha of land large and deep Garonne gravel. The vines are Cabernet Sauvignon (70%), Merlot (25%) and Cabernet Franc (5%).

0